Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Purple Thanksgiving, and a little blue

Do you usually associate the color purple 
with Thanksgiving decor? 

Well, if you don't, this post might change that!
Check out this inspiring collection of rich royal hues and autumnal elements.
For sources, see the Purple Thanksgiving board by Dine Like A King on Pinterest, link below.


How to take your Thanksgiving table to a whole new level...

Centerpieces

I can't get over how stunning this cornucopia is. 
My local grocery store definitely does not carry purple cauliflower!
Might have to go to a farmer's market for that.

 I might just need to plan next year's Thanksgiving decor to 
include these gorgeous velvet pumpkins on Etsy.
Of course if you were to use these for a centerpiece you would have to have a purple cakestand.

Or start small with just some purple flowers.

 Faux or real elements, that's up to you.




Tablescapes
 This looks like a wedding, but it came up in my search for 
Thanksgiving, and could be adapted for a smaller table.

I want to be invited to this person's house for Thanksgiving!!  This one is my favorite.


For those who love the modern look.

The striped table looks very economical and stinkin cute!!!

 This has Martha Stewart written all over it.  I actually have used purple ("red") and green cabbage in a springtime tablescape.  I need to add those pictures to the blog this spring.

 Let's not forget the wine!



 Love the oversized glass cloches in the background and the medium-sized pumpkins in purple bowls.  The purple blanket makes this oh-so-cozy.

 Linen napkins

 You know these cost a pretty penny. 

Modern and casual.

 So simple and inexpensive.  I adore the maple leaves here!!

 Purple ribbon adds a luxe touch.

 This. Flower. Arrangement...Love it.
 I need to give this color scheme a try.



 The Food

 Purple sweet potato pie. Why have I not had this yet??
I need to make this.

 Apple grape pie, so gorgeous.

 I know my local farmer's market carries purple carrots.

 I need this in my life.

 More purple cauliflower, so colorful.

This would be impressive on the Thanksgiving dessert table.

 I hope you enjoyed this festive inspiration and will try some bold new colors on your own Thanksgiving table.
Happy Thanksgiving!


 And then there's blue...



No comments:

Post a Comment